Did you ever wonder if there were other quick meals you could make with those grocery store bought Rotisserie chickens? Most of the chicken in these Rotisserie chickens are lean protein – so they are good for you. I have come up a few great ideas to make a few quick and easy appetizers, lunches, and dinners with these Rotisserie chickens.
- Chicken Enchiladas – One use of Rotisserie Chicken is chicken enchiladas. If you have made chicken enchiladas before the old-fashioned way, you found that there can be quite a bit of preparation work involved. By buying the Rotisserie chicken, you can cut your preparation time to about half. Just shred the chicken from the rotisserie and use that for your recipe.
- Salads – Add shredded Rotisserie Chicken to a salad to spice up your salads.
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches – Cut up some celery and onion. Shred the Rotisserie chicken. Mix together and add mayonnaise for a creamy chicken salad. Add chipotle sauce for some spice. Use low fat mayonnaise for a more healthy spread.
- Chicken Quesadillas – Kids enjoy this one. Shred the rotisserie chicken, add some taco seasoning. Spoon onto flour tortillas and top with cheddar cheese. Again, use low fat cheddar cheese for a healthier option. Place in skillet, cook for 5 minutes, turning once. Top with sour cream.
- Chicken Pot Pies – This is a one dish meal that is hearty and satisfying. Chop the Rotisserie chicken. Add frozen mix vegetables (broccoli, peas, corn, and carrots work well) and cream of chicken soup. To make it even more feeling add some cooked potatoes Top with a biscuit topping. There are reduced fat or reduced sodium cream of chicken soups for a healthier choice.
These are just a few ideas for you to use with your store bought Rotisserie chicken to create fast and easy meals.